This blog originally founded by Blogger who holds a theological degree and a doctorate in Counseling Psychology. Taught Psychology for 32 years and is now Professor Emeritus. Is a board-certified psychologist and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in his profession. Ministered as a chaplain, and pastored Baptist and Episcopal churches. Publications cover the integration of psychology and theology. Served in the Army, the Merchant Marines and the Peace Corps.
Monday, September 26, 2011
Technorati, Statistics And Things You Probably Didn't Know About THE WATAUGA CONSERVATIVE
A Few Words About "A Watauga Conservative"
1. The months of August and September are shaping up to be the busiest in the history of "A Watauga Conservative". Readership in August was significantly higher than the average readership and, in fact, was approximately 20% higher than any other month ever previously experienced. September is tracking very similarly to August. It is possible
that readership in September will even surpass August numbers - even though there is one less day!
2. Technorati - who tracks these things, ranks "A Watauga Conservative" in the top 1 1/2 % of all the nearly 1.3 million blogs that they track. Considering that the top slots are taken up with blogs of national note, such as the Huffington Post, Politico, Forbes, major news organization blogs, etc. etc. etc., it would seem that this little small town blog has been pretty successful here being rated higher than 98.5% of all blogs in the blogosphere rated by Technorati!
3. The vast majority of our readership is people who are directly inputting our blog into their address block, or are finding us through Google or other search engines. Most of the searches are specifically for us...that is, people putting "watauga conservative" or something similar in their search block. We do however, also receive a fair number of viewers who were searching for a particular topic and found that we were listed on their search engine as having a post on that topic. A significant number of our viewers come to us via a link to us on other blogs or websites.
4. Surprisingly, we have quite a number of hits from international sources - Last month, over 5% of our 'audience' found us from a non US origin. Many of our hits are of course, like any other blog, likely to be spam bots looking for any blog with unrestricted comment capabilities which they can spam. On any given day we will remove between 2 and 10 "spam" messages....oftentimes in foreign languages.
5. 61% of last month's viewers used a Windows operating system; 27% Macintosh, 2% l\Linux. Most of the rest reached us from their Blackberries, I-Phones, I-Pads, or other mobile devices.
Our comments are down slightly (since we started removing the worst of the "troll posts"- sometimes numbering over 50 in a day) but, our readership is the highest it has ever been and we think the blog is improved!
THANK YOU TO OUR REGULAR CONTRIBUTORS!
Posted by NewGuy at 5:25 PM