This blog originally founded by Blogger who holds a theological degree and a doctorate in Counseling Psychology. Taught Psychology for 32 years and is now Professor Emeritus. Is a board-certified psychologist and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in his profession. Ministered as a chaplain, and pastored Baptist and Episcopal churches. Publications cover the integration of psychology and theology. Served in the Army, the Merchant Marines and the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

48 YEARS AGO - The Kennedy Assassination

One of the darkest days in recent American history.What were you doing when you first heard the news?

I was in the Service and driving to my girl friend's house in Florida...Somewhere on HiWay 17 between Savannah Ga, and Brunswick Ga, the news came over the car radio...
I wasn't very politically inclined at the time, but I remember being fixated on the event and the aftermath during the next few days. I watched live TV as Oswald was brought out of the Dallas PD basement and was shot. I watched the funeral and was glued to the TV until I had to return to base.

In the years that followed, I suppose I became somewhat of a conspiracy theorist - probably because it seemed so improbable that one individual could so alter the course of history with a single violent act! I read about everything that was published on the topic over the next few decades - and still have no idea as to the truth behind what occured...


November 22, 1963






11 comments:

Sarkazein said...

I was no where near Dallas and I have an alibi.

Sarkazein said...

Even if I was in Dallas, I wouldn't have risked John Connaley's safety.

guy faulkes said...

I was still in school. The night before, my father, my uncle, my brother, and I were discussing that we thought he would be assassinated because so many different groups loathed him. My uncle said it might even happen in Dallas.

Sarkazein said...

I have talked with the son (went to the same high school in Virginia) of one of the FBI agents whose father was the FBI agent assigned to interview Marina Oswald after the assassination. He also was in the emergency room with Lee Oswald after he was shot by Ruby in an attempt to gain a dying confession.
He never woke up again.
His dad says to this day, there was never any doubt from those that investigated the shooting that Lee Harvey was the lone gunman.

Sarkazein said...

He highly recommends the Peter Jennings, 2003 JFK Special; The Kennedy Assassination :Beyond Conspiracy. Originally aired Nov. 2003.....40th anniversary.
This is part 4 of 10 (from YouTube) which contains some of the FBI agent interviews....including Wallace Heitman......
Part 4

Wolf's Head said...

I still believe that Obama picked Joe Biden as his VP to be an insurance policy against assassinations.

NOBODY wants Biden as President.

Sarkazein said...

JFK's secretary Ms. Lincoln was asked to draw up a list while en-route from Dallas back to DC of all she suspected would have wanted to assassinate JFK.HER LIST.

guy faulkes said...

In our discussion, if I remember correctly about our thoughts on the prospect that Kennedy might be killed, we talked about Johnson, organized crime, the Cubans that were mad at him over his reneging on air support for the Bay of Pigs invasion, the Cubans that were mad at him because Castro said Kennedy was trying to have him assassinated, the K.K.K., some Black militant groups, and J. Edgar Hoover because Kennedy appeared to be questioning some of his policies.

Sarkazein said...

"... and J. Edgar Hoover because Kennedy appeared to be questioning some of his policies."- Guy Faulkes

J Edgar knew about his drug use and the hookers visiting the WH pool, and the parties at the Woodner Hotel DC and in Peter Lawford's house in LA. He knew about the Marylyn Monroe affair. J Edgar thought a President doing these things might be subject to blackmail and may risk the security of the United States.

Sarkazein said...

J Edgar also knew about the Mafia connection and the W. Va. vote purchase.

I think Oswald just beat J Edgar to the deed.

Sarkazein said...

The SOVIET SPY girlfriend probably made J Edgar think JFK was an idiot and should be removed from Office.