This blog originally founded by Blogger who holds a theological degree and a doctorate in Counseling Psychology. Taught Psychology for 32 years and is now Professor Emeritus. Is a board-certified psychologist and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in his profession. Ministered as a chaplain, and pastored Baptist and Episcopal churches. Publications cover the integration of psychology and theology. Served in the Army, the Merchant Marines and the Peace Corps.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Well, What do ya know? This deserves a thread of it's own!

Mike D. said...
Sorry I've been away. I've just become a dad. :-)

7 comments:

NewGuy said...

Mike D. CONGRATULATIONS! That is TERRIFIC!

I hope Mother and Baby are doing well and let's all hope that he/she grows up to be a happy, healthy, conservative!

Thanks for sharing the news with us!

Blogger said...

Congratulations! Mike D. Boy or girl?

USS Rodger Young said...

Mike D,

My most heartfelt congratulations!! Good job on bringing a child into this world. Nothing like the beauty of a child that's your own. If your child is anything like you, and I'm sure he/she is, then you will have many years of joy mentoring/coaching your child into adulthood. We need more Patriots in this nation, and I'm sure yours will be one. Again, good job and congratulations.

USS Rodger Young

Mike D. said...

He is happy and healthy, 9 lbs. 3 oz. at birth, 21 in. tall, and a 15 in. head circumference. Sorry about that, wifey!

Although I will let him choose his own philosophical and ideological path, I will attempt to instill the same morals, independent thought, and critical thinking skills my father instilled in me. In theory, this should make him more Conservative than Liberal. ;-)

guy faulkes said...

Congratulations. You will have insurmountable joy from your child and eventual grandchildren. I mention them because you will think they came tomorrow.

Enjoy your boy, because he will not be one long enough.

Wolf's Head said...

Congratulations!

Enjoy them while their little, they grow up way to fast. Hope mother and child are doing well.

Being a father is perhaps our greatest responsibility and joy, so enjoy every minute.

Mike D. said...

Thank you for the thread and the kind words, all. I'm looking forward to every minute of it!