This blog originally founded by Blogger who holds a theological degree and a doctorate in Counseling Psychology. Taught Psychology for 32 years and is now Professor Emeritus. Is a board-certified psychologist and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in his profession. Ministered as a chaplain, and pastored Baptist and Episcopal churches. Publications cover the integration of psychology and theology. Served in the Army, the Merchant Marines and the Peace Corps.
Friday, September 4, 2015
Trump's Immigration Worth Knowing About
Trump’s plan has three core principles that are worth considering to start the
discussion. A nation should:
1. Control its border
2. Enforce its immigration laws.
3. Put its own workers first.
Then several enforcement policies follow from the core principles which should be accepted:
1. Increase the number of Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers.
2. Encourage greater cooperation between ICE and local gang task forces.
3. Implement E-Verify nationwide.
4. Deport criminal aliens.
5. End catch-and-release policies.
6. Defund sanctuary cities.
7 Increase penalties for visa over stays.
All the above sounds reasonable and good to me.
More difficult ideas which would require debate and time, are his ideas to:
1. Deport in re-import in an orderly fashion, all of the present illegals.
2. Do what it takes to make Mexico pay for the border wall.
3. Have a pause to all immigration until we can sort things out and do it right.
4. End the birthright citizenship which is now being abused by people coming here and having babies, declaring them citizens.
I feel that even all of these should be carefully debated and considered.
Trump is not the person the old media is trying to sell us. He is a solid thinker and I think will eventually get through the fog of the left-wing press.
From September 7 National Review
Posted by Blogger at 2:25 PM