This blog originally founded by Blogger who holds a theological degree and a doctorate in Counseling Psychology. Taught Psychology for 32 years and is now Professor Emeritus. Is a board-certified psychologist and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in his profession. Ministered as a chaplain, and pastored Baptist and Episcopal churches. Publications cover the integration of psychology and theology. Served in the Army, the Merchant Marines and the Peace Corps.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Letter to Me From Sen. Burr on Syrian Refugees

 Dear Mr. (Name deleted):

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Obama Administration’s plan to admit Syrian refugees to the United States. I appreciate your concerns.

Like you, I believe there is no greater responsibility than
to protect this nation from foreign threats, including from terrorists who are intent on doing us harm. As your United States Senator, I swore to protect this nation from these very threats. It is a responsibility I take seriously every day and one I appreciate knowing you share.

For this reason, I believe the Syrian refugee program should be suspended until the American people are satisfied that they know exactly who the President is admitting into the country via this program. There is simply too much at stake and the security of the American people should be our top priority.

As the Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence with oversight over our intelligence community, I will closely monitor the Administration’s proposal to admit Syrian refugees. America cannot be a destination point for groups such as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). Please know I will do everything I can to ensure this does not happen.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Should you have any additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely

(His signature)

Richard Burr

United States Senator

No comments: