This blog originally founded by Blogger who holds a theological degree and a doctorate in Counseling Psychology. Taught Psychology for 32 years and is now Professor Emeritus. Is a board-certified psychologist and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in his profession. Ministered as a chaplain, and pastored Baptist and Episcopal churches. Publications cover the integration of psychology and theology. Served in the Army, the Merchant Marines and the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Christainity: Is the Main Thing the Main Thing?

There was this sign on a doughnut shop wall of my childhood.  I seem to take that as my lifetime motto, becoming more sophisticated as it became: "The main thing is to make the main thing the main thing." As best I can, I try to do that.


A few weeks back, I posted a thread in which I applied my motto to the Bible. The Bible, One Story The silence was deafening. I don’t know whether it was so good, it required no response–or, too advanced for my readers-- or, just not interesting. I guess I will never know. But this article now is to continue.

In my original article, the Bible is the "doughnut," concerning itself with humans’ interactions with the elohims and Yahweh’s war with those elohims.

The question I keep asking is: "If that is so, then how did it come about that the modern church become completely the "hole". Go to church today and you expect to be guilted for not doing enough for others, or on the other hand guilted for your moral behavior. But does anyone expect to be guilted for not taking on the elohims in battle? Not likely.

The church today is being persecuted. I came across a Scripture that tickled me and it was from the good old King James Version. Peter wrote and I paraphrase, 1 Peter 4:12ff   Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, be glad with exceeding joy for ye be reproached for the name of Christ. Just be sure you are not persecuted for being "a busybody in other men’s matters."

No comments: