This blog originally founded by Blogger who holds a theological degree and a doctorate in Counseling Psychology. Taught Psychology for 32 years and is now Professor Emeritus. Is a board-certified psychologist and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in his profession. Ministered as a chaplain, and pastored Baptist and Episcopal churches. Publications cover the integration of psychology and theology. Served in the Army, the Merchant Marines and the Peace Corps.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Trump Delirium

The author of a book I am reading describes the Trump Delirium. I was a victim of that disorder when I visited one of my good liberal friends. The writer describes the delirium as three stages. First, Trump’s name comes up.
The first mention of Trump’s name starts the neurological breakdown. Trump haters can’t help making a comment typically beginning with "Ooooh, I can’t stand that man." At this point the liberal "is waiting for the secret handshake." When you stay quiet, it moves directly into stage two of the Trump Delirium. Here the person yells so loudly that everyone around can hear. "WHAT! Don’t tell me you support him!" Now that is followed by the person physically moving away as if you "are a Zika-infected mosquito and might be contagious."

One illustration he gives of sitting next to a woman on a plane. He mentions he is going to a meeting in Trump towers. The very mention of the name Trump set off the syndrome, which went exactly in those three stages. It ended with the lady saying "and I thought you were a nice person."

The writer could very well have been in the room when I visited the only liberal friend I had. I had determined I would not talk politics. No such luck. I got "Ooooh I can’t stand that man." When she did not get the secret handshake, I got "What! Don’t tell me you support him!" And finally a move to the door letting me know it was time for me to go.

3 comments:

Sarkazein said...

Their Trump delirium also erases their memories of Hillary's lies and corruption. Now, in their minds it is Saint Hillary.

Sarkazein said...

She erupted election night after hearing she lost, Gateway Pundit saying she “became physically violent,” citing radio host Todd Kincannon, saying:

“CNN reporter t(old) me Hillary became physically violent towards Robby Mook and John Podesta around midnight; had to be briefly restrained.”

“She was (drunk). She was in a ‘psychotic drunken rage,’ according to my reporter friend. Doctor added sedatives to the mix.”

CNN refused to air its own reporter’s account of what happened. It “banned all ‘Hillary in the bunker’ stories.”

She was too emotionally distraught, enraged, and out-of-control to make customary concession comments, congratulating her opponent on his electoral triumph.

Campaign chairman John Podesta appeared in her place. She showed up the next day. The episode provided more evidence of her unfitness to serve. - Stephen Lendmen


I commented on the evening of the election when Podesta came out to speak for Hillary that he looked shell shocked, and I was serious. He had been through something traumatic. I didn't guess at the time that he had been through the kind of workplace violence he went through. I hope she connected at least once with Robby Mook. The Secret Service says she's got a hell of an arm when hurdling ashtrays.

Sarkazein said...

At a few social events I have heard- "Ok, no politics" I say- "Oh, your gal must have lost" They say- "Well, the whole country has lost". I slowly and purposely bring them deeper into their misery.