This blog originally founded by Blogger who holds a theological degree and a doctorate in Counseling Psychology. Taught Psychology for 32 years and is now Professor Emeritus. Is a board-certified psychologist and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in his profession. Ministered as a chaplain, and pastored Baptist and Episcopal churches. Publications cover the integration of psychology and theology. Served in the Army, the Merchant Marines and the Peace Corps.

Monday, January 16, 2017

MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY



I was 16-17-18 years old when Martin Luther King Jr was in the news. I admired him greatly and respected his actions even then. When I was about 17, I listened to my father have a conversation and drinks with a self-proclaimed CIA agent/neighbor in Miami who said he planted the bug in MLK's motel room headboard. He said the FBI and the CIA were investigating MLK for Communist connections. He also said there was a plan to discredit him. This conversation took place in San Souci Estates in Miami. 1966, 1967, 1968 were under Democrat rule. LBJ and a Democrat Congress ruled. I was back in Alexandria Virginia when MLK Jr was assassinated. The smoke rising from DC could be seen from Telegraph Hill Alexandria where I lived then.

No comments: