This blog,originally founded by Blogger, who is listed in Marquis Who's Who and is a recipient of the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award. He holds a theological degree and a doctorate in Counseling Psychology. Taught Psychology for 32 years and is now Professor Emeritus. Is a board-certified psychologist and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in his profession. Ministered as a chaplain, and pastored Baptist and Episcopal churches. Publications cover the integration of psychology and theology. Served in the Army, the Merchant Marines and the Peace Corps.
Friday, March 17, 2017
Diagnosis and Treatment of Trump Derangement Syndrome
Because we will never see Trump Derangement Syndrome as a disorder in the DSM, I thought I would take a crack at it.
Diagnostic Criteria for Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS
A. Repetitive outbursts of inexplicable behavior at anything regarding Trump.
B. Behaviors to look for. Any one of the following can lead to the diagnosis:
1. A Congress person who says he or she will block any Trump proposal even if it is something good for the country and even if they represent a state that went all out for Trump.
2. A Democrat who can’t start working on any solutions, because they still think they lost a slam dunk election due the Russians and not because of bad policies.
3. A Democrat who promises to block everything that Trump proposes even if it is good for the country and even though Americans are sick of Washington games.
4. A media mogul who knows his outlet is losing credibility but can’t control giving fake news about Trump.
5.. A reporter who says he will no longer give objective news no matter what it does to
his credibility because his role is now to stop Trump.
6. A free speech professor who refuses to allow his students to hear any contradictory ideas.
7. A college professor hysterically demanding the campus police arrest a person for being a Trump supporter.
8. A college student who physically assaults a Trump supporting professor.
9. A young person in an anti-Trump demonstration begins smashing windows and setting fires.
10. A young demonstrator carries a pro-Shariah law sign because he thinks Trump is a racist.
11. A female who joins a million woman anti-Trump march who cannot explain why she is there other than to protect her freedom to destroy her baby and she doesn’t even blush.
12. A person discovering her long time friend supporting Trump, orders the friend out of her house.
13. A blog commentator who contentiously lists unsubstantiated lies about Trump on the blog.
After a DSM diagnosis is made, the professional comes up with a treatment plan targeted to the problem.
When I put on my psychologist hat, the only similar diagnoses is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
However, TDS does not really allow for that diagnosis. So I have to take off my psychologist hat and put on my priests’ hat. Then the diagnosis fits that of my post: Explaining the source of TDS
However, disorders require a person to recognize their diagnosis and then in the case of TDS, requires repentance.